How do you feed frozen blood worms???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
Happy Monday everybody!!!!! :B-fly: Just a little encouragement for those of you who, like me, sing "I don't like Mondays... tell my why!!!" :silly:

So, I bought the frozen bloodworms delicacy for my new Gold Nugget. As suggested, I put a little bit in the tank after the lights have been off for a while. In the morning there is nothing left. But I have the suspicion that everybody but the GN is feasting on them.

This morning, just to check it out, i chipped a little piece from the frozen worm block and put it in the water, I observed how it floats for several seconds until small pieces of worms start detaching and sinking. The rasboras start feasting, the tetras come to the table, the barb gives it a good bump and breaks apart what is left of the block and before it even touches the bottom it is totally gone!!!!!!

I assume this is not happening with the lights off, but I still wonder if GN gets any of it??? :roll:

just thaw them out in a cup and add enough so a bunch reach the bottom. Your bottom dwelers will start hanging out were you feed the worms.

You might try Califonia Black worms instead. They are much cleaner and they stay alive in the tank insyead of poluting the tank

Ay, ay, ay!!! You guys are really pushing it!!!! I love my fish BUT I'm not sure I can deal with live worms! :morning:

They are truly disgusting, I've fed them to my fish before. If you don't like the bloodworms, just know that the blackworms are even nastier! :lol:

If you notice that the bloodworms get eaten before any of them fall to the substrate, you could try feeding a little bit more. My fish go nuts for them too, there are never any wasted!

I totally Agree...My fish go nuts for these..I haven't tried the Black worms..

If you feed frozen blood worms and none reach the bottom then give them more. :D
If you think the frozen one are gross you should try Live ones! The stick out of the gravel and wiggle around until they get eaten. lol

i use the cube bloodworn and everyone in my tank get some. there is about 15 to 20 in a cube so one cube is enough. i bought 50 some cubes for 3.50 at lfs 4.2 oz i think.

I feed the bloodworm cubes from time to time. Here is a tip.

A cube of frozen bloodworms contains quite a bit of frozen "bloody" water. It can really make a mess and introduces more waste into your delicate system than needs to be.

To avoid that, put the cube in a glass of warm tap water and let the worms completely thaw out. Then pour the worms & water through a small strainer and rinse them off by pouring more tap water over them. Finally, put them in a glass that has tank water in it. Now you are ready to feed relatively clean bloodworms with minimal waste.

As a side benefit, most of the worms will drop to the bottom like rocks so that should help your clown pleco.

:)

Back
Top Bottom