How do you name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I name most of my fish by name or category.

I have a betta named Fifi, because even though he's a boy, he reminds me of a pampered poodle. I have a rambunctious crown tail I named DeeDee Ramone becuase he is a punk. I have a female veil tail named Fatima.

Skunk botia: Boo Radley because he's a recluse, Blue lobster Babbaloo becaue I like saying the word.

Goldfish named Lunch Bucket and Dinner, Dempseys named Screwhead and Gussie, clown loach named Tony, because he reminds me of that tiger on the box of cereal.

I also have the Raspberries (school of rasboras) and the zippers (black neons)

Some of them have photos in My Tanks album in my profile. But I have lots more, just don't want to bore people.

I name my fish according to their most appealing gestures, appearances or even personalities :)

I have 4 goldies...
Coffee: He's the fastest swimmer, and usually the most hyperactive.
Oxy (RIP): She's a white/orange coloured comet. Somehow, she reminds me of the element oxygen on the periodic table...
Spot (RIP): He's a common, with a very noticeable white spot on his forehead =)
Phrilly (RIP): My favourite, she was a fantail and swam very graciously. It was almost like she had frills around her body. Hence, Phrilly :D

I'm very attached to my fish... If I ever get new ones, I will never give them the same names twice...

I used to have 3 koi, the first was named Greg after the 'musician' of Girl Talk, his name is Greg Gillis. I got Greg for my boyfriend because he would always joke that if he had a fish he would name it Greg so he could go to a Girl Talk concert and wear a shirt that said "I named my fish Greg because he's the Gillest" LOL!

The second one we named Muppet because he was silver and had a dark bridge on his nose, just like the Eagle in the Muppets.

The third was named Nabokov because my boyfriend and I were reading Lolita at the time. I also just have a thing about naming pets famous writer's names...I have a crested gecko named Guy after Guy de Maupassant.

I have a clown pleco and he is my new favourite fish. But he doesn't have a name yet :( any ideas?

I've posted before but I've gone through some changes:

Molly and Moe for my Molly pair
Ed and Sonny(Green cobra and orange guppy...Sonny/Sunny haha?)
The neons : Neon Tetras lol
Cories: 4 Bronze Cories

Back
Top Bottom