How Electric to run a 55 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a tropical fish tank it was a 55 gallon tank, ran two HOP filters, lights, and heater. I recently gave it to my father-in-law. My electric bill dropped about 30 dollars. Is this a coincidence or does it really cost this much to power a tank? Has anyone had a similar experience.

I shouldn't think it would cost quite that much, but its expensive. I don't have to pay electric bill yet (live with my parents, I'm 17) but they sometimes bring it up.

I have 4 tanks that are constantly running, though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

$30 a months seem like a lot, But right now being so cold (for me at least) i could see it being a bit more with heating.

If you have a big old florescent light and big ole' filters and a 300 watt heater??seems about right. My electric has jumped about $80/mnth to run my tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

B
If you have a big old florescent light and big ole' filters and a 300 watt heater??seems about right. My electric has jumped about $80/mnth to run my tanks.

you have more than 1 55 gallon though... He is saying that just the 55 appeared to cost $30.

B

you have more than 1 55 gallon though... He is saying that just the 55 appeared to cost $30.

I'm well aware;) and I stated that It sounds about right. Guessing the lights were on a little long??

Back
Top Bottom