How far can juvi clawed frogs jump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a hood, I think it looks nicer without the hood. I have two juvi clawed frogs in a 20 gallon long

Is my best bet to leave hood. How many inches waterless space do I have to leave for my hoodless tank to be an issue? When they get older?

Thanks

In all honesty I’ve seen some aquatic frogs last their whole life without jumping out of an open top tank, but I’ve also seen some jump out within their first week in a tank. It’s impossible to tell if your frog is going to be a jumper or not. I’d say 3-4 inches of lowered water level would basically guarantee you that your frog can’t get out. I would probably put a top on though or else eventually you’ll have a dried up frog on your floor.

In all honesty I’ve seen some aquatic frogs last their whole life without jumping out of an open top tank, but I’ve also seen some jump out within their first week in a tank. It’s impossible to tell if your frog is going to be a jumper or not. I’d say 3-4 inches of lowered water level would basically guarantee you that your frog can’t get out. I would probably put a top on though or else eventually you’ll have a dried up frog on your floor.

wished they had clear hoods

Off topic but my frog gobbled this steamed blood worms. I don't work for this company. Just my floglets seem satisfied with this product

uC3uHK6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom