How have you mounted a smaller HOB filter on a 75g to be used to seed a QT tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I just purchased an Aqueon 10g starter kit ($38 at Petco, sale ends today if anyone else is interested). I want to run the filter in my 75g so that when I need the QT, it's seeded. The problem is that I've checked a lot of filters and none of the HOB's rated for 10-30g fit on the platic rim of the 75g tank...

I'm sure someone has come up with a good idea on how to mount it to a larger tank, preferably in an aesthetically pleasing way :)

The only thing that comes to mind right now, is maybe running a wire or fishing line over the edge and hanging the filter on there... ugh...

Ideas? Thoughts? I don't really have the room to run it full time, so that would be the last resort.

You really don't need to run the entire filter, you just need to seed the media. If it comes with a pad/media (not sure about Aquaeon) just place that into your Hob/canister for a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom