How long can i keep fish in a bucket ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok let me tell you my problem...

Brought a breeding pair of angel fish last Friday,
Put them in a tall planted 100lt tank,
Tanks been up and running for over 12 months,
Just gone to feed then and noticed my female has a good few white spots and her side fins in tatters, iv just done a 50 w/c and raised the temp to 86f,
My problem is that Iv just had a new kitchen fitter and can't get a bucket in the sink to fill up with warm water to put in the tank so I'm going to have to use the outside tap but at this time of year the water is very very cold and would send the fish into shock!! So can I put them in a bucket with an air stone while the water heats up in the tank ?

Do you have a spare heater you can put in there as well?

I think you'll be ok short-term... dont really see what choice you have.

I could do but I was looking for the fastest way as that would take ages lol Iv got 6 tanks to do water changes and doing it that way would take all night lol but if it helps the fishy then ill have to do it that way

I could do but I was looking for the fastest way as that would take ages lol Iv got 6 tanks to do water changes and doing it that way would take all night lol but if it helps the fishy then ill have to do it that way

Do you have a shower or bathtub that would work to fell the buckets.

Back
Top Bottom