How long to leave cucumber in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got my first bristlenose pleco today and right now he or she is munching away on algae. but I was wondering if I could leave a chunk of cucumber in the tank overnight or will it detiriorate my water quality. Also will the pleco be okay without driftwood for 2-4 days or should I get it immediately.

I add it at night and remove it in the AM or it starts to cloud the water.

Okay then could I just feed cucumber every other day then.

Okay is there any other food I should be feeding them also do you think 50 percent weekly water changes should be able to handle his/her bioload since I also have all the other fish if you look at my profile you can see the other fish.

You can feed them cucumber, zuchinni, brocolli stems, lettuce and even heard of brussel sprouts. With a staple food as algae waffers they will be fine.

And 50% water change a week will be more than fine for them. I have a pair thats constantly spawning in a 29gal and they and the kiddies are doing fine.

The Cucumber normally is gone by the next day lol, first Pleco's and Corys take their share, then the shrimp and finally the Ramshorn snails I have finish the job!

Back
Top Bottom