How many ADF's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How many African Dwarf Frogs would go well in a 3 gallon with my betta?

I have a new Elite underwater filter that pumps up to 58 gals and hour, but i have it on its lowest setting to keep the current down

would 2 be ok and do you think ghost shrimp would get along be ok with the ADF's?

thanks

-mike-

You'd have probably more problems with ghost shrimp and the betta than the frogs, but my adf's eat whatever flicks in front of them so they might try to eat them but won't get far. I heard that 1 adf should be in 2 gals of water so you'd probably be pressing it with the betta....

I agree they need a bigger tank, and the betta might be agressive towards it.

I agree - in a 5-6 gallon tank then you could do it, but 3 gals is just too small of a habitat for much of anything, IMO.

of course, i just have the one betta with an ADF and a ghost shrimp with some new live plants and that'll be it for the tank

thanks everyone for your help! :D

yeah, I have ghost shrimp with 2 adfs in my 10 gal guppy tank, and they do fine...my ghosts are 10/$1, and I can never find too many at once, so maybe they do eat them...but i have never personally seen that! =)

i cant find a place around here where they are that cheap, the cheapest is petsmart at 30 cents each, one place sells them for a dollar each but only because they get them everyonce in a while

I had 2 ghost shrimp once, one got killed when I was vacuuming, the other I found it and it didn't look like a shrimp anymore O_O

Back
Top Bottom