How many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How many cardinal tetras, lemon tetras, Celebes rainbows or green fire tetras, and otos can I have in my 20 gal long without being overstocked? I do have a Kribensis as well. As much as I want to upgrade to a bigger tank I can't due to space and money. I know I can get a 29 gallon tall as it has the same volume as my 20 long, but I'm only 4'9 and I already have to get on a step stool to do water changes and feed my fish, so it would be impossible for me to do maintenance on a 29. So I have to make do with what I have for now. So, how many of the fish listed above along with my Kribensis can I put in my tank comfortably and avoid overstocking. Yes, I could stick with just one school of fish, but I like the different colors and I like variety.

Problem is the different number of species school/shoal requirements. When you add them all up your between 25 to 30 minimum fish. While they will vary in size. Taking into account there adult sizes its too much for 29.

Back
Top Bottom