how many fishies???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallchik77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!!!! first of all, I'm new here, so I'd like to say "hi"!!! okay, now about the fishies. I currently have a 55 gal freshwater community tank established about a year ago. Its my first "real" tank so we started with basic easy fish. Well, now my hubby and I want to switch these fish to a 20 gal and put big fish in my 55 gal. So, heres the question...freshwater fish I currently have are as follows
5 cory cats
1 rubber lip pleco
1 black molly
6 neons
3 danios
1 black khouli loach
2 african dwarf frogs
3 guppies
I used to have more, almost a full tank, but i bought some guppies at petsmart that were diseased and they killed some of mine =( so, do I have too many fish here to put in a 20 gal? I know that general rule of thumb is 1 inch per gallon and this is roughly 34 inches of fish but I had heard that neons don't really count. any and all advice welcome! thanks for reading and hope to get to know you all soon :D

I agree, that number will be fine in a 20. BTW Neons most definately do count when assessing your bioload.

Echo Jason's question, what kind of fish are you looking at stocking in the 55?

not sure yet. probably a species tank of some sort. thanks for the advice! and for setting me straight with the small fish!

Back
Top Bottom