how many flame gouramis in a 46 gallon community?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyndaB

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have one flame gourami in my 46 gallon community. I really love the way he looks and he adds some great color to the tank. Can I have more than one or are they the type of gourami that stress each other to death? I was hoping for two more?

I have the room, as most of my fish are small species or have small bioloads (list in my siggy line).

Everybody's healthy and happy, params are 0,0,<10 consistently.

:thanks:

I wouldn't recommend adding any unfortunately. Unless you get known females or very lucky it may lead to trouble. It would probably work for awhile, but I think multiple males would stress each other. Maybe try one more after QT with a plan B?

+1 HN1, Dwarf Flame Gouramis are kinda like a laid back male betta. They will deal with other fish, but usually two of the same species leads to trouble. It may work, but like HN1 said you will need a plan B just in case.

Nah, it's not that important, it was just a "can I". My tank is very peaceful and I don't want to upset that balance, plus I would not have proper stocking in my other tanks to put another flame, should it not work.

On to Plan B..... whatever that may be. Thanks very much! :D

Gouramis

Hello L...

My only knowledge of these fish is their size. Not sure a 46 G community tank would support fish that grow to several inches, some species, six inches or more. They're peaceful fish, but IMO, more than a couple would be too many.

B

Thanks...... this guy should get to about 4 inches or so. Appreciate your input.

Back
Top Bottom