How many is too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarterFisherman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi gang. I have a 10 gallon w/ (1) male betta, (1) black mystery snail, (3) neon tetras & (1) African dwarf frog

I am getting mixed answered when I ask how many fish are too much for my tank.

I would like to get (2) more neons and either (1) frog or (1) more snail.

Any comments are appreciated

Well, the problem isn't too many fish, it's how much they poop
The black mystery snail and frogs are poop machines, I would take them out, and maybe you could add 8 ghost shrimp, they eat your left over food

Snails do poop a lot more then I thought they would. I think you could get another snail, or a few shrimp, of even a school of Pygmy cories.

Im far from an expert on any fishes... But since you do have betta and a drawf frog... I would avoid shrimps maybe it because i had the wrong kind of shrimps but between them i cant say which as thats all i got in my 6 gallon tank but it wiped out my rcs i know they are tiny but i thought the my shrimps would manage to live along side but it was a fields day for the betta and frogs and too scared to try again as do want shrimps but my other two tanks wont be suitable cos of what i do have in them...

I have a 14 gallon tank, and it has 10 neons, 2 dwarf gourami, 5 rasbora(harlequin), 3 cories, 3 SAE's and 4 apple snails!! my tank set up has been like that for over a year and i obly lost 2 corrys an 1 neon!! just do regular water changes, i take about 40% out each time, good luck

Thanks everyone.

Do the shrimps help with the tank bottom cleaning? Would the betta harm him?

If I max out at 5/6 neons, (1) snail, (2) adf, (1) male betta could I add (2) shrimp? (My sons get a kick out of the frog most, followed by the snail) would I be over stocked?

Thanks everyone.

Do the shrimps help with the tank bottom cleaning? Would the betta harm him?

If I max out at 5/6 neons, (1) snail, (2) adf, (1) male betta could I add (2) shrimp? (My sons get a kick out of the frog most, followed by the snail) would I be over stocked?

Your betta may devolve a taste for shrimp cocktail and eat them. Or it may pay them no attention at all.

Back
Top Bottom