How many tanks do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many tanks do you have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 or more.

• Total voters

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
not including QT tanks, how many tanks do you have?

Personally, I have 7. 5 of which are occupied, waiting for bits and pieces to set up the last two.

30Gal German Ram Tank [ Soon to be anyways ]

10Gal little Marshy type crab tank [ Soon to be, anyways ]

10gal Menagerie tank, 3 Blackskirt Tetras, CAE, 1 Dalmation Molly and Various fry.

10Gal Male Betta Tank, Male Betta, Three Zebra Danios, 2 Albino Cory Cats [ 3 of them recently died for some obsurd reason, Water Params fine, No idea why. ]

10Gal Female Betta Tank. 2 Female bettas, Banjo Cat, Red Claw Crab, Ramshorn Snail, 4 Ottos.

10Gal Molly Fry Tank, 6 Molly Fry, Moving them slowly from the Menagerie tank to this tank for growout

29Gal Menagerie Tank, Male Balloon Molly, Female Betta, Bala Shark, 2 Unknown Fish [ Rescued them from someone who could no longer keep fish ], 2 female crabs, Common Pl*co, Some very smart and wise Ghost Shrimp [ As in, Hiding and not being eaten yet ], 4 Black Mysteries, 3 Ramshorn

I have 5 right now, but one will be taken down and set aside for a Q-tank, and another one is at my daughter's elementary school, but once she completes 5th grade this year I am donating it to the school and leaving it to them to take care of (I think I just about have them trained..)

We are putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks and hope to move in April or May, so I may have to sell my fish and plants ( 8O ) and put a couple of the tanks in storage if there is a gap between selling this house and closing on a new house. If we can swing it I hope to keep them and just move the tanks from one house to the other, but who knows!

The tanks are:

10-gal with snails and shrimp (soon to be Q-tank)
15-gal glass Eclipse with powder blue dwarf gourami, 3 paleatus cory cats and 2 large mystery snails (school tank)
12-gal Eclipse with breeding pair of kribensis
44-gal ARLC with 5 juvie N. Brichardi (looks like 2 pair and one oddball)
55-gal heavily planted, medium high light, CO2 injected, with single adult male marble redhead angel, dwarf gourami, white cloud minnows, serpae tetras including fry, spotted cory cats, 3 juvie bristlenose cats, single cardinal tetra, single male black phantom tetra, and recently discovered ghost shrimp that I thought were eaten, but have been hiding for 6 months!

Depends on what counts as tanks... actual tanks I have four...
the 55 gal I just got that is empty for now
a 20 gal long that I built up and have land and water housing 2 firebelly toads and one feeder guppy..
a 15 gal that has an unknown number of guppies and a few ottos
a 10 gal that I use to breed pill bugs and sow bugs...
I also have various critter keepers and other containers housing a snake, three salamanders and other various creatures...

1 12 gallon Eclipse. Just passed my 1 year anniversary - Mar 3 of last year I first set up the tank!

I actually just compared photos of my tank over time. Depressingly I have discovered that my plants looked much better about year ago than now (many didn't survive). And even my betta looked healthier when I first got him. In fact everything looks like crap.

How depressing.

3 tanks, 5 gallon in my dorm, a 20g at my house and a 125 that is empy in my brothers basement waiting for me :)

As of right now I have 6 that are set up and running, and almost a dozen of them in storage waiting on the room to set up. Had more going but had to take them down recently. I have 2 ten gal going, 2 20 gal, 1 55 gal and a 75 gal all up and running through out the house.

Lessee..

1 2 1/2g no fish atm
1 8g 1 male betta aka QT tank
3 10g One is my planted with 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 otos, 2 flagfish and 4 neon/cards (soon to be 3; one is dying)
One is the QT for my new keyhole cichlids (4 of em)
One is empty
1 15g Planted tank with 2 mated Bolivian rams
1 25g Semi planted tank with 2 adult angels, 11 angel fry, 2 Bolivian rams
1 55g 5 adult angels, 3 clown loaches, 3 yoyo loaches, 1 big fat plec.

Holy jeez I have a lot of tanks LOL 2 aren't up and running tho; the 2 1/2 is awaiting the return of the betta thats in the 8g, and I'm getting rid of one of the 10g tanks (2 QT tanks is enough ;) ).

10 total.

3G, 2x 10G, 3x 20GL, 29G, 75G, 2x 90G

Of course, only 6 are occupied. The 10 gallons and two 20 gallons are empty right now.

Wow, I thought I was bad.

72Gal Bowfront - Reef
46 Gal Bowfront - Uhh kinda reef currenly housing a lot of LR, and misc inverts.
20 Gal Freshy lightly planted - this on is coming down soon, I have lost my freshy
desire. :(
12 Gal JBJ nano cube - lil'reef with LR, LS, a coupla softies and two mantis shrinp.

10 - QT empty

For me 4.

1 55gal community tank.
1 5 gal will soon be housed with my big bad betta
1 10 gal QT
And my 20 gal which houses my two baby red-ear sliders (turtles).

In the process of getting another 55 gal...maybe :)

I'm rather disturbed that, other than Ferret, I ahve the most tanks here. o_O

The sad thing is, I don't have room for a single 10gal, yet I have five 10gals, 29 and a 30. ^_^;

An t-iasg said:
Hi William,
Weren't you planning a SW tank too?

Thanks to Alli its now in the works to be a Ram tank.

Dern her and those pictures of those adorable rams she posted! :lol:

TankGirl said:
I'm rather disturbed that, other than Ferret, I ahve the most tanks here. o_O
What's disturbing? It is an honor and a distinction! :D

Actually, I started this thread and poll in atempt to get some evidence to show my family that I wasn't addicted.

So much for that, ne? :lol:

Look at it this way, you only have 109 gallons total, Add up ferrets and some of the other peoples total gallons... a lot more than that...

I know, I know.

I have to stick with small tanks tho.

And to be honest, I had to throw out a chair and rearrange the living room to make the 30 fit. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom