How many tanks do you have? + Update of my Discus Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I use to love having loads of tanks were now it just annoys me. I am now getting better at aqua-scaping but it cost's me alot more, maybe thats why I am better .... because I have a job lol :roll:

I have found that now I like to keep ALOT of fish in one tank rather than species tanks like I previously had. To me and other my tanks look much better now but I am finding myself wanting to reduce the number of fish tanks but to keep the same amount of fish lol.

For example - My little discus (stunted one) died yesterday so that means there remains 3 discus (one of which is really being bullyed .. Please Help?) these discus are still small in size any way. In this tank there is also 2 bristlenose (previously 3) and 2 rams (breeding pair) as there was previously 5. So i found myself wanting to try to make a cool mix. So I introduce the fish from one tank into this tank and wow. I added 3 very small angels and this made the discus that is getting bullyed to come out for a but. The cockatoos and rams have not really noticed each other. So everything is fine so far.

Please Note: I am aware of the potential size of the angels lol. I have been checking water quality and it is fine so things are ok atm. I also decorated this tank today as well.

Right now we have 5 tanks up and running. The Betta tank I ended up tossing after the move beacuse it is acrylic and was scratched pretty badly. The only "specie" tank that we have is a 10 gal with a Spiny Peacock eel by himself. It's a temporary home for him. When he is ready to be transfered to my brothers tank I am going to put two Bettas in it seperated by a divider.

I've got 2 tanks right now...and that's on a part-time job budget. lol. I can't imagine what I'll have after college will a full time job. hehe

JRP, I find it hard sometimes as well (cost wise) because I am a full time college student and also have a part time job. :)

I have two, and only two until I'm done with college. My roommate thinks I'm crazy as it is for having two fishtanks, and the quarentine I'm currently using (yes I did it, I went out and bought two juvinile comets for the ten gallon when my roomie was gone, I'll get dissapproving clucks for doing so).

Tank looks great!

i have 3 tanks

29 gal - African Cichlid Tank
29 gal - still cycling gonna be another cichlid tank
125 gal - Saltwater tank coming soon!

lol i have 4 up and going right now and i would have more if my arents would let me set one up in the house somewhere. i am confined to my room right now. ihave a 10 fry grow out tank. a 20 gallon community tank with guppies and neons and stuff a small 2 gallon betta tank and my new 55 gallon cichlid tank that i just finished setting up. check out my gallery for a pic of it. i have 2 dry 10 gallon and little 5 gallon and i would like to set up one of the 10's with maybe a few tetras or something for the living room but my parents are anti fish :( my mom loves watching mine but doesnt want one of her own. i even offerd to do all of the maintence and buy her the fish!!

Well currently I have 8 up and running. I'd have more but I am out of room. New house coming spring time. :multi: More room for more tanks. :lol:

my neighbor who happens to be tracygh if anyone knows her from posts has a tank set up in every bedroom plus living rooms. i am pretty sure it is currently 9 up and running and she wants more lol. she is the one who got me into the whole fish thing

when i go to the fish stores around me i always mention where i get my information from and so far i have always been correct. i have given this sites name to about 3 stores now and i am sure they have passed it on to other customers and so on. i mention this site as often as i can.

Well inspite of the fact that you want more species in fewer tanks that's not what those poor discus want. The only way to help them is to properly care for them. That means lots of water changes, proper feeding, and increasing the number of discus to promote a healthy pecking order.

The tank recieves a 50% water change weekly. They are fed forzen food on the morning then falke on a night. Frozen food = bloodworm, brine shrimp, krill, beef heart then the flake. Since I added the angels the smaller discus has begun coming out more and doesnt display its bars as much :).

Back
Top Bottom