How much bubbling from a corner filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomK2

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I set up the "Lee's economy corner filter" with a layer of floss, some seachem biological substrate, and another layer of floss in a 10 gal QT. It sinks, but is so close to nuetral boyancy that it drifts around a bit. I added about 5 marbles (thanks FancyGuppyGuy), now it stays put.

So how much bubbling should I allow this to have? It is the kind that does not require an airstone (I wanted it the simplest possible). Do I want to set it so that there are gaps between the bubbles that come out" or can I have a near steady stream of bubles. Which Would provide more flow through the filter, gaps or near steady stream? Since the air pulls the water out the exhouast of the corner filter, I was thinking I needed some gaps to ensure that I wasnt just circulating air through the filter?

My mother-in-law has this or a similiar type filter. When set up, it was set on continous bubbling. Hehehe...one of the golds got a little too curious and got trapped behind it but it's been running this way for about three weeks with no problems.

I would set it at a pretty good flow evenly. you might watch the water around the intakes and see whats the best rate.

Back
Top Bottom