How much should I feed my Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! Two days ago I got a new Betta!
He's in a five gallon all to himself, that was previously fishless cycled. So far everything is going well, the water parameters are perfect and Enrique appears to be healthy.
However, it's been a while since I've had Bettas and was wondering how much I should feed him. Cautious to not overfeed until I find the answer, all I fed Enrique today were two Betta Pellets and a single Bloodworm.

I am aware that it is healthy to alternate what you feed them, so for options I have Betta Pellets, Tropical Fish Flakes, Freeze-Dried Bloodworms, and Frozen Brine Shrimp. It would be extremely helpful for someone to give info such as "The day you feed pellets only feed 4 for that day" or something like that as an example. This is different than the 20g Community I have set up. When I feed the fish in the 20g (which was established in August of 2010) I have pretty much gotten a feel for how much they eat, and I'm used to feeding now. But because this Betta is new I would just like a bit of advise. Thank you so much! :)

I would recommend to Feed the betta 2-3 Pellets a day and Possibly every friday, give him a blood worm treat (3-5). Thats what I do.

Thanks Tyler!
Additional advise is still welcome, of course. I am always open to other people's opinions.
As of now, I am really enjoying little Enrique and getting to know his personality. He always tries to be all tough, but when I floated a ping pong ball on the surface of the tank he swam over to it, flared, and then when the current moved it he swam as fast as he could under the cover of a plant. LOL so cute. :)

Oh, okay, I won't feed him flakes.
Thanks Jason.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom