How much should I REALLY feed my barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradicaljh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to get some opinions on what I should really be feeding my Tiger Barbs.

To be specific, I want to know how much and how often. I'm feeding TetraMin tropical flakes, and have 10 tiger barbs. The container says to feed as much as they eat in "several minutes" 2-3 times a day, this just feels too much as my tigers (and from what I've read most tigers!) eat like crazy and can eat a fair amount in a few minutes, it seems like a few minutes of eating should be enough for the day, or even two, doing it another 1 or 2 times in the same day feels like it might be over feeding.

Thoughts?

I feed my 220g community tank very little, maybe an 1/8 of a teaspoon every morning. Fish don't need much. Many people feed everyother day, some fast their fish one day a week. Remember thier stomachs are tiny so a pinch of food daily IMO is plenty. If they aren't eating it all then they are getting too much.

Thanks for the reply, that's about what I figured, just wanted to get some opinions, don't wanna under feed just as much as I don't wanna over feed, of course!

Sounds good

Back
Top Bottom