How much should I sell my endlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adog99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, so I have a bunch of endlers that have been fully grown and ended up very nice with vibrant colors, and I was wondering how much I should sell them because I do not want to overprice it but I also don’t wanna miss out on some cash. They are pure endlers and I think I have a well rounded idea how much the males go for but I don’t no how much I should sell the females for because around my area female endlers are rare.

The males will always sell more than the females. I would say about $3.50-$4.50 per male depending on color. the females could go for about $2-$3. $6 per fish might be a bit much but I'd say the bright the fish the better.

They're not considered "pure" unless you can prove their lineage and trace it back to the original wild stock or a registered breeder of N-class fish. Pure N-class Endlers can be worth quite a lot, but most store-bought fish have some guppy blood in them (P-class; unproven/uncertain lineage), or are known hybrids (K-class), and that reduces their value.

The males will always sell more than the females. I would say about $3.50-$4.50 per male depending on color. the females could go for about $2-$3. $6 per fish might be a bit much but I'd say the bright the fish the better.
Well, in general it depends on the kind of endler what the price may be. I´ve got endlers overhere that do cost way more than those $ 6,00 each.
They're not considered "pure" unless you can prove their lineage and trace it back to the original wild stock or a registered breeder of N-class fish. Pure N-class Endlers can be worth quite a lot, but most store-bought fish have some guppy blood in them (P-class; unproven/uncertain lineage), or are known hybrids (K-class), and that reduces their value.
Even a number of hybrid strains can cost a lot. Depending on the strain itself. All 3 classes I´ve got are not coming from a store. I´ve started keeping endlers end 2003. I´ve got a decent number of endler strains overhere thusfar. And most of them do cost more than the average lfs price. But I´m in Europe. I do know that we have better access to different kinds of endlers (both wild and fancy) and other rare livebearers than when you live in the States what I know from experience. But yes, we've got also cheaper ones overhere as well...

All 3 classes I´ve got are not coming from a store. I´ve started keeping endlers end 2003. I´ve got a decent number of endler strains overhere thusfar. And most of them do cost more than the average lfs price. But I´m in Europe. I do know that we have better access to different kinds of endlers (both wild and fancy) and other rare livebearers than when you live in the States what I know from experience. But yes, we've got also cheaper ones overhere as well...
You have N-class Endlers?! I've been looking for them for years! I'm also based in Europe, and so far the only registered breeder of these fish (Endless Endlers, in the Netherlands) seems to have closed down...and shipping them from the USA is either not possible or ridiculously expensive. Do you sell any of your stock by any chance?

You have N-class Endlers?! I've been looking for them for years! I'm also based in Europe, and so far the only registered breeder of these fish (Endless Endlers, in the Netherlands) seems to have closed down...and shipping them from the USA is either not possible or ridiculously expensive. Do you sell any of your stock by any chance?
Yes, I do sell but also like the owner of Endless endlers I'm living in the Netherlands. And I was also registered at endlerus.eu (formerly known as endlerus.nl). I was registered way earlier overthere than the last owner. And I've started keeping endlers years before he did. In the beginning that he started keeping them, he also got a number of strains from me. And after that some strains which I've got from a slovenian breeder, I've send them to him as well. And there were and still are breeders who were registered overthere as N-class breeders from the Netherlands. So, he wasn't the only registered N-class breeder in the Netherlands. But he's already off the market. And his own website and the forum have also already dissappeared. There's still a facebook group under the name endlerus.eu. I was a member of the group as well. But I'm not sure wether I'm still a member overthere for I haven't been visiting that group anymore because of the monopoly they've tried to set up. The original forum endlerus.nl wasn't his. It was the dutch version of endlerus.com from Adrian Hernandez. Me and a number of serious breeders that were members of the original dutch version of the forum thought that the original version of the forum was way better. The spirit of the original version was keeping and breeding endlers and not really commercial.

Yes, shipping fish abroad can be very pricey... be aware of that. And there's not really a quarantee that the fish will arrive safely on destination. That risk is always involved.

Back
Top Bottom