How Much Would My Tank Sell For?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might be really lucky to get that, depending on your area.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Might be a hard sell right now since Petco currently has their $1 per gallon sale going on in Chicago. Might be a good time to just go grab a 10g or even a 20g-40g while the sale is happening.

Oh wow, $40 for a 40? Talk about sales...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, dollar a gallon for another week and a half

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Man, that's one good deal.

Yep B'day is the end of the month. Wife says I can pick up a 55, 40, and a pair of 20L's if I want to for my B'day. :new-bday:

I love my wife. :brows:

Yep B'day is the end of the month. Wife says I can pick up a 55, 40, and a pair of 20L's if I want to for my B'day. :new-bday:

I love my wife. :brows:

Lucky! Was very tempted to grab a 40g this weekend, but the gf said no more tanks since I already have a 55g, a 75g, and a 10g in our apt haha. She said when we move to a bigger place, I can get a bigger tank. Always wanted a 125g or larger tank

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You and me both. It helps that fish are one of the few hobbies we share, and compared to my other hobbies. Rather cheap.

To be fair the 55 is to be a community tank in the living room, one of the 20's is for a Cory tank that I've been wanting forever, the other will be for our girl guppies and oto's (sick of fry after one batch) the 40... I'm not sure, likely plants and who knows. I may just see what I can get to grow. I work from home, so 3 of them will likely be in my "office" .

Keeping the 55 Gallon

After some thought I think I'm going to keep the 55 gallon because my Pleco is starting to get on the big side... 5 inches. He's in my 25 gallon right now, but once I get a stand for the 55 I can proceed to move him.

And the tank is already devalued severely, that's not really a problem for me because my neighbors gave it to me free of charge when they moved.

I've been wanting a community tank with guppies and mollies and platys, and neon tetras and ottos for a while so, I think now is my chance. I'm also going to add live plants. It would be beautiful with all the colorful fish and the green plants in the background.

The algae eater can grow even more and keep the glass free from algae. The tank will be in direct sunlight, so I don't know how the plants will fare with all the algae.

Good luck with it. Check out the king of diy on YouTube. He's got a pretty good video on building a stand. If you've got a Lowe's nearby, you can get 2x4 studs for 3-4$ each. You can build a stand out of 3-4 of them. If you're not handy ask for some help and take the time to draw out what you want to build. Lowe's can usually do the cuts for a small fee if you need assistance with the cutting and a cheap corded still will get the job done. Harbor freight usually has a cheap cordless drill for less than 20$

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You and me both. It helps that fish are one of the few hobbies we share, and compared to my other hobbies. Rather cheap.

To be fair the 55 is to be a community tank in the living room, one of the 20's is for a Cory tank that I've been wanting forever, the other will be for our girl guppies and oto's (sick of fry after one batch) the 40... I'm not sure, likely plants and who knows. I may just see what I can get to grow. I work from home, so 3 of them will likely be in my "office" .

Nice. I wish I worked from home. I feel like I don't get to enjoy my tanks as much as I would like since I'm constantly out and about. Love the idea of a Cory tank. They're one of my favorite fish!

After some thought I think I'm going to keep the 55 gallon because my Pleco is starting to get on the big side... 5 inches. He's in my 25 gallon right now, but once I get a stand for the 55 I can proceed to move him.

And the tank is already devalued severely, that's not really a problem for me because my neighbors gave it to me free of charge when they moved.

I've been wanting a community tank with guppies and mollies and platys, and neon tetras and ottos for a while so, I think now is my chance. I'm also going to add live plants. It would be beautiful with all the colorful fish and the green plants in the background.

The algae eater can grow even more and keep the glass free from algae. The tank will be in direct sunlight, so I don't know how the plants will fare with all the algae.

Just a thought, but if you have a common pleco, you may consider returning it and getting a smaller species of pleco. Common plecos get pretty big and it will eventually outgrow your 55g. I have a clown pleco in my 55g and it only gets to 4" max or so. Will probably get another one when I can find one again. Another good option is a bristlenose pleco.

Good luck with it. Check out the king of diy on YouTube. He's got a pretty good video on building a stand. If you've got a Lowe's nearby, you can get 2x4 studs for 3-4$ each. You can build a stand out of 3-4 of them. If you're not handy ask for some help and take the time to draw out what you want to build. Lowe's can usually do the cuts for a small fee if you need assistance with the cutting and a cheap corded still will get the job done. Harbor freight usually has a cheap cordless drill for less than 20$

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've wanted to do this for sometime but after finding an $80 stand at Petco with 4.5 stars, I'm ready to get it. My dad won't spend above $100 on stands, so it's the perfect one.
http://petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/aquatic-fundamentals-55-gallon-upright-aquarium-stand

I've had this Pleco for longer than I can return it. But I did have a Bristlenose Pleco around two years ago, but I was a noob back then and kind of dropped it into the fish tank from the net... It hid under a rock and didn't come out for food, it eventually died. I felt so bad...:(
But I do want to get one when I set up the 55 gallon.

Ok! Can you check for sure? Because some of the reviews stated the finish bubbled up when water was in context with it... I might just get something else when I go to the store. But I'll have so much fun with the 55.

In general discussion I'll post the tank in all its glory, with fish and plants.

Ok! Can you check for sure? Because some of the reviews stated the finish bubbled up when water was in context with it... I might just get something else when I go to the store. But I'll have so much fun with the 55.

In general discussion I'll post the tank in all its glory, with fish and plants.

I know for sure I didn't get mine from Petco. I bought mine online from Drs Foster and Smith, but it looks exactly like the one you posted. I do have some bubbling on the inside, but that was due to a leak from one of my HOB's that didn't get noticed for some time. Otherwise, I have had no issues with bubbling and I get water on my stand all the time. Just be sure to wipe off any excess water if it does happen and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Let us know when you start a thread. Would love to follow along!

Okay! I'll post here when that thread is started. I'm going to be outlining to setup as well.

Back
Top Bottom