How often do freshwater fish need to be fed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi previously at a fish store i was told to feed my fish every other day, today at the lfs the guy recommended 3x a day.

54ltr tank, 7 fish at the moment.

Depends on the fish. Fry need to be fed multiple times a day. Some select fish need fed twice a day. I feed my juvenile angels twice a day. I feed my africans once every 3 days. Most fish can go several days without food.

Reactions: HN1
I have a betta, swordtail, 3x odessa barbs, a glass-bloodfin and a white cloud.

I'd go back to the previous fish store.

+1 to mfd More than once a day only pollutes in most cases.

feed them a decent amount like enough they will eat everything in under 3 minutes once a day and you should but its not necisary to feed blood worm/ frozen brine shrimp 2 times a week when ever you feel like it instead of your regular flake in your case you may have to cut the little cube in half some of them are fairly large for that many fish...but on a side note your glass bloodfin will not do well on its own all tetras are schooling fish but in your tank i would get maby 2 more because of your limited space they need to have more of ther kind to be healthy

You should feed them as much as they can eat in three minutes. Thats what I do, it seems to be working fine.

Back
Top Bottom