How often do you feed your BN pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some wafers it seems to like and I plan of feeding some zuccinie when I pick some up, but how often do you feed yours and what?

I feed mine algae tablets every day or so. Also he get leftovers on ground. No algae on tank tank is by window so if there was I haven't seen it. Dropped cucumber in once small slice and he loved it! Also he has driftwood! (he in 55G and I spoil him)

I Throw in an Algae Wafer twice a week for mine, but my tank has algae that he feasts on.

I have an Albino and I spoil him I drop in a half slice of frozen zucchini each day between him and my platies it is gone the next day. I have have had regular bristlenose pleco's in the past but this albino is the most active I have every seen. He never stops moving.

Bigge_al said:
I have an Albino and I spoil him I drop in a half slice of frozen zucchini each day between him and my platies it is gone the next day. I have have had regular bristlenose pleco's in the past but this albino is the most active I have every seen. He never stops moving.

I got a albino too!!! Do you peel the outside of the zucchini? Wanna try it something I don't like that plecos can have :)

No I do not peel it. I slice it about half inch thick them I boiled it for 3 min rapid boil then froze it. I pull out a piece or two put it in hot tap water for a minutes and throw it in the tank. Like a said the platies and pleco tear it up. I did peel a piece once and it came apart when I added it to the tank.

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow and I wanted to pick something up for it. I have had plecos in the past, but I really like this one. It's very active and very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom