How often do you test your water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
How often do you guys test your tank water? I mean after the tank has cycled and established.

I nearly don't test any more. Once your tank is established and on a trend then you can pretty much just keep up the routine and all is well. Any strange behavior or signs and the test kit comes out but after awhile you can usually tell what's going on with your water by observing your fish.

How often do you guys test your tank water? I mean after the tank has cycled and established.

Once a week is what you should do. I myself (even though I know I should not) only test my nitrates before my water changes once a month. I also test when I see something strange like odd fish behavior.

I dont test it anymore. Only if i add someting new like new type of rock, plant or fish and that i see a difference in the water color or the behavior of fish life

Ooh something good to know. Sometime its happen that outside a water pipe break or when the city call at the news to not use water because there are testing it or somewhere a pipe have broke. If you have use the water soon befor or after you should test it

Thrust me i know what im saying( it kill my tank) once

Back
Top Bottom