How often should I feed my fish bloodworms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yesterday I went out and bought frozen blood womks to give them as a treat and I heard it helps them get more colorful. I fed them some yesterday and I was wondering when I should feed them the bloodworms next? Other than bloodworms I only feed them cichlid pellets 2-3 times a day. Is there anything else I could aslo feed them to give them a bigger variety? The fish are:

2x kribs
2x GBRs
2x gold gouramis
1x featherfin squeaker (Synondontis Eupterus)

Twice a week is fine. You can try lettuce, or cucumbers, or peas. Or any insect you might see around the house.

Twice a week is fine. You can try lettuce, or cucumbers, or peas. Or any insect you might see around the house.

Okay I think I might give them some cucumber or peas when I get home. Thanks for the quick reply!

Just microwave slices of cucumbers for about 30 seconds, it will soften them. The peas, just smash with your finger lightly and drop it in.

I don't have any of those other fish, but my featherfins love meaty meals (once a week) like a thawed raw prawn, or a piece of raw freshwater fish. They also love peas and cucumber (twice a week). The rest of the time they get nls pellets, dried black worms and algae wafers.

Back
Top Bottom