how on earth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish can get themselves in the darnest places and often die as a result of it. Sorry for the loss but loaches are so mobile and active and want to investigate anything they can get into so it somehow got into the filter and possibly died and ended up there. Hard to say for sure.

Fish can get themselves in the darnest places and often die as a result of it. Sorry for the loss but loaches are so mobile and active and want to investigate anything they can get into so it somehow got into the filter and possibly died and ended up there. Hard to say for sure.

Thanks itf was sort of wedged but the intake is covered in bars so only water can get through unless ge swam intonthe output

Loaches are very inquistive and love to squeeze into tight spots. They will actively swim against a current too. So he might have got in via the output. Might want to cover it with something. Even the bars that come on, say an Aqua Clear filter intake, are not tight enough to keep out a small loach, and if you ever removed the uptake tube to clean it, he may have got in then.

I once found two loaches in my Aqua Clear, fortunately alive and well, having bypassed the impeller somehow. And a pair of Celestial pearl danios one time, also alive and well, under the media basket. I now have a big pond prefilter on the intake and the output comes over the weir, so they can't get in that way. If I'm cleaning a tube I turn off the filter.

Sorry for the loss. It's always disturbing to lose a fish this way.

Loaches are very inquistive and love to squeeze into tight spots. They will actively swim against a current too. So he might have got in via the output. Might want to cover it with something. Even the bars that come on, say an Aqua Clear filter intake, are not tight enough to keep out a small loach, and if you ever removed the uptake tube to clean it, he may have got in then.

I once found two loaches in my Aqua Clear, fortunately alive and well, having bypassed the impeller somehow. And a pair of Celestial pearl danios one time, also alive and well, under the media basket. I now have a big pond prefilter on the intake and the output comes over the weir, so they can't get in that way. If I'm cleaning a tube I turn off the filter.

Sorry for the loss. It's always disturbing to lose a fish this way.

Thanks fishfur

Back
Top Bottom