How reliable is aquariumfish.net?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone used this site before? I remember about two years ago I tried to order a figure 8 puffer fish for an old 10 gal. It said it would be shipped within 4 days. I bought aquarium salt, snails, everything, then after a week with no delivery they emailed me saying they refunded me because they didn't have any in stock.

Now I'm looking into a future green spotted puffer, and it says the option "add to cart." This time around I noticed they added a label next to a species that indicates if it's out of stock.

But how reliable is this? Can I really depend on a little label next to an electronic image to completely trust what I'm about to buy? How do I know that the site "miscalculated" again and realized they didn't have any for shipment AFTER I agreed to purchasing one?

Has anyone ever bought from this site? Can anyone tell me the quality that the fish were in when you received them?

And also as a bonus question, if anyone can answer this for me. I recently moved from NYC to a suburb about 20 minutes away, but it's a lot different here. In NYC I received livestock through mail a fair amount, and even if I came home late from school I haven't had any dead on arrival once because the doorman keeps packages inside the lobby at proper room temperature. Now we live in a full blown house, with a mailbox, everything. How do you guys make sure you receive your package safely and on time if you live in rural or suburban areas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can call or go to the post office and ask them to hold the package for you. You then pick it up before they close. You can also have them shipped to a place of business. All my stuff ships to my office.

You can call or go to the post office and ask them to hold the package for you. You then pick it up before they close. You can also have them shipped to a place of business. All my stuff ships to my office.

Can I have them shipped to the front door of my house? Whenever there's a delivery the mailman rings the bell and leaves the package there, so I know exactly when it gets to my house. Also, should I contact the post office to have them ship the package to my house as preferred? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This website is the best I've used. They have an exorbitant amount of information on their fish stock, and their ordering and shipping policies. Your delivery will arrive before 10am about 80% of the time (according to them). Mine arrived at 9am living in a suburb of Austin, TX, the day after I ordered (they're located in California). The delivery was left on my porch; fortunately I work from home. The fish specimens were the best I've ever ordered online (seven various dwarf gourami).

Regarding their stock, they breed their own and won't ship you a fish that is too young or doesn't appear healthy. It was probably to your benefit that they refunded your order. They label items as out of stock when they don't have anything of age to be delivered. For those that they do not breed in house, they quarantine and maintain them until they are suitable for shipment.

Given the cost of shipping, it would be hard for me to justify ordering a single fish, even knowing that the specimen would be top notch.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I strongly suggest against buying from AquariumFish.net

I strongly suggest you do not buy from Aquariumfish.net under any circumstances. They sold me a fish, specifically a sick Male Sailfin Molly that had cloudy eyes and coloration different from what I specifically requested.
When I inquired and sent pictures as soon as I received the fish they told me that I would have to wait 24 hours to hear back from their managers and salesmen. Before they were able to assist me promptly when they FERGOT to send me a fish once and now I get disgusting emails about how difficult I am to assist.

Back
Top Bottom