How should I add my Albino Cory's to my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben the Betta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I am buying Albino corys for my tank today, I have done my research about them, but I am wondering how I should add them to my tank. When I put my guppies in my tank, the pet store put them in a bag. I let the bag sit in the tank water to make the temperature in the bag the same as the tank. Then I let a little tank water in the bag every 5 minutes for 15 minutes. Should I do that with my albino corys? Someone told me I should do the temperature thing, but insted of letting lots of water in the bag, I should take a spoon and use it to put some tank water into the bag every 5 minutes. Is that true?

Please give me some suggestions! :thanks:

floating them in the bag should be fine. If you want you can spoon in water. I do that sometimes with my fish. I don't know if you dumped the bag water out in your tank with your guppies or if you netted them in the bag and them transferred them to the tank after floating. Unless I have a really delicate fish, I let them float, spoon water into the bag a couple of times every 5 min, then carefully net them and put them in the tank. I do this so the dirty bag water doesn't contaminate my tank. You just have to be careful that your fish don't jump out of the net. Oh, and I usually put Stress Coat in the water after adding fish.

Hope this helps. Good luck with you cories! :)

Back
Top Bottom