How to avoid swim bladder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishforlife

Aquarium Advice Activist
I use to have over 90-100 guppy but most of them die of swim bladder since I switch the flake food to tropical flake. And good flake that won't cause swim bladder? Any cure too?

You can buy commercial medication for it but I prefer the natural route. Defrost some frozen garden peas and remove them from their shell so that they'll sink, and drop them in the tank. It helps to keep them healthy and will naturally help to prevent and cure swim bladder problems. Cucumber will also do the trick, but it's not as reliable.

90-100 guppy fry? Where were these stores? Size tank? Tank mates? Water parameters? Are you sure swim bladder is the issue?

If these fry are all coming from one mom, I would say it a genetic deformity in the mom.

I've had many livebearers give birth in my tank that i fed crushed flakes to. Never had swim bladder issues. I've fed multiple types.

It's swim bladder I know , I never had this until later. I got most of them on Craigslist from one person and they were in a 30 gallon tank. They been there for a couple month healthy as ever. There was only couple of guppy fry , Molly fry n platt fry. Now some of my fry have swim bladder. Since I switch flake they been getting them and they swim side way and like a 90 degree angle. I never had this problem before til now.

Back
Top Bottom