How to buy an air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starscaper711

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm currently looking at air pumps because one was offered to me by a friend but I don't know what to look for when considering one. I'm being offered a tetra whisper air pump, or something similar, and I'd like to use an air pump with an air stone to make a bubble wall. I have a 20 gallon standard tank. How do I go about deciding if an air pump is good enough for what I want to use it for or not?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like the adjustable ones. i know petco makes a generic air pump that can be adjusted according to the tank size or what you want the air pump to attach to (ie. Air stone or a bubble curtain)

Very good pump, quiet and powerful!
I use the tetra aps 300 with a curtain and I just use a valve to control the air pressureImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394356773.019392.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394356802.632387.jpg

Oh mine is 29 gallon

I have the tetra whisper for a 10 gallon on my 55 gallon and it works great. It runs 2 air stones and one of those bubble chests with the diver with no problem. it also comes with a little valve so you can adjust air pressure. It's quite and cheap around 10$ on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom