how to care for RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about converting my 5 gallon fluval spec at work into a red cherry shrimp tank but have some general questions.

1. How often do I feed them supplemental food and what? The tank is well established

2. How often do I change their water? I am thinking of starting with 10-20 juvies.

3. Can they go a few weeks without supplemental food when our office closes on vacation? I will have a light timer so the algae will not stop growing

I would feed lightly, Hikari Shrimp Cuisine or more easy to find is the Crab Cuisine, if you don't have a lfs, Petco started carrying it at my location recently for 3.99 a bag.

Order online for the Shrimp Cuisine. The advantage with that is the disks are little shrimp sized ones and the Crab Cuisine are kind of like tiny logs.

The shrimp get essential nutrients from the pre formulated/packaged foods.

They are natural scavengers and do like meaty foods in their diet. (I am not advocating a meat only diet btw, just noting that they like it.) :)

Back
Top Bottom