how to convince for more tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get a job and just buy it. What's she gonna do, break it?

Bad idea. I'm choosing my words carefully here and trying not to blow up over how bad and idea I think this is. Parents' roof, parents' rules. They may not be able to kick you out because you're not eighteen, but they can make your life miserable in other ways. It's not worth it.

Get a job and just buy it. What's she gonna do, break it?
Lol, I'll tell you what I would never see an aquarium again if I did that.

All I asked for as a Christmas present was a Aquarium. I spent months researching about fish and there compatibility. I was under the impression that I had to knock of my smart mouth and keep my room extra clean 24/7 for 2 months (Which I knew was virtually impossible) and I was completley stunned when I opened it on christmas morning. I talked her into the deal of keeping my room neat and not back talking as long as she could pick out a few of the fish, my Brother even had talked her up to a 20gallon and now she wishes she would have gotten bigger. I working on getting my second tank too. Where do you keep your tank? I was talked into keeping the aquarium in the living room so it was visible to all, but I wasn't to happy about it. I told her I want one so I can have it in my room, even picked out a spot for it and she agree it would look great there. I dog-sit so I get payed and I have been saving up to get the next tank.

Ye I agree just buying one and bringing it in without notice will surly be the bad route to take. I agree with Jim, show your responsible, clean up any mess you may make, keep a clean ad healthy tan and show her you can handle having a new tank. Having her pick out a fish or two isn't a bad idea either. And talking with her like an adult would work much better than being sneaky. Show her how much you care about the hobby and give good reasons why you want or "need" another tank. Quarantine tank foe healthy fishes is a good idea I saw, and so is making money on breeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Having the patience to save up the money you need will go a long way in impressing your parents. You may even find that they will be willing to kick in some extra funds for an "upgrade" when you're ready to buy.

I would just talk to them. The issue might be money (I know my parents always hid from me when they were having money issues). Are you paying for it yourself? If not, maybe offer to get a a job and pay for it yourself?

I pay for everything as my wife isn't working at the moment, I also do the finances, I've consistently added and upgraded until I got to the point I am. But as we're expecting our first child I've held back on adding much new and instead have just made a couple of upgrades. But even though I am the controlling financial factor in the home, I just have to communicate what I want the same as my wife does with me (my money is her money anyway).

Back
Top Bottom