How to get eel out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i have three eels one Peacock and two tire tracks
So i have no problems with the peacock because he's always out and about
But one of the tire tracks is always hiding my first time seeing him was yesterday after moving them to a bigger tank and the other tire track is a tiny baby but he's bold and brave always swimming with the peacock I was wondering if there was anything I could do for the other tire track to help him come out more

I don't have any experience with eels, but I think if you provide it with a place where it is safe, it will become more confident.

Sent from my iPhone

I don't have any experience with eels, but I think if you provide it with a place where it is safe, it will become more confident.

Sent from my iPhone
He does have a spot but he never leaves it :( I have a driftwood in the center that has all these little spots to hide in and he is always in the bottom hole i mean I can always see his little nose peak out

I just found this:
"They are a nocturnal species but are generally peaceful and shy. They mostly ignore other tankmates although they may eat fish that are small enough to fit into their mouths. Some species of spiny eels can get territorial and aggressive with their own kind so a general rule of thumb is to keep them singly unless you plan to breed. In a large enough tank with many areas to hide multiples can be kept."

Sent from my iPhone

I just found this:
"They are a nocturnal species but are generally peaceful and shy. They mostly ignore other tankmates although they may eat fish that are small enough to fit into their mouths. Some species of spiny eels can get territorial and aggressive with their own kind so a general rule of thumb is to keep them singly unless you plan to breed. In a large enough tank with many areas to hide multiples can be kept."

Sent from my iPhone

I've kept them in the same tank together for a while haven't noticed any signs of aggression towards each other I guess i just picked a shy one then ;/

More hiding places, once they are confident they will show up for feeding and such

Sent from my fish tank

eels are cave dwellers you may see him poke his head out from time to time if your lucky
they also like to prey at nite for food

More hiding places, once they are confident they will show up for feeding and such

Sent from my fish tank

How long do you think that will take? I've had him for a while now and I haven't really seen him eat anything

Idk as long as he feels comfortable some fish just never show, I'd watch for aggression from others

Sent from my fish tank

Oh ;/ well I guess thanks for the help but fortunately I do have an eel that i get to see all the time :) and as for aggression i'm not to worried about that the only thing that is a bit aggressive in my tank if the african butterfly fish but hes always at the top so no worries

Attachments

• DSC_0223.jpg
    DSC_0223.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 68
Do you feed live or frozen foods? That should bring him out. Or try offering worms from tongs.

Back
Top Bottom