How to get more pressure out your pump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 5500 air pump that I bought for my 3 gallon tank last year and it worked really well. But then I tried to put it in my new 8 gallon tank and it didn't make one bubble so I opened it up and found a metal rod with a weight attached witch vibrated against a rubber drum to make bubbles(picture1) so I applied some force to the rod with my finger and it miraculously made more bubbles so I went and found an old soft rubber toy and cut it to length(picture2) and stuffed it in and it worked (picture3) so I closed it up and presto (picture3)

Attachments

• image-4169512377.jpg
    image-4169512377.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3035212657.jpg
    image-3035212657.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 63
Warranty void, possible risk of damage to pump and house electrical system.

Risk of fire if it shorts due to "over-clocking"

All in all I wouldn't advice massing with any device that uses electricity lol :)

Warranty void, possible risk of damage to pump and house electrical system.

Risk of fire if it shorts due to "over-clocking"

All in all I wouldn't advice massing with any device that uses electricity lol :)

Yes, I wouldn't 'advice' you 'massing' with it either. But this is mostly overstated.

Yep, the warranty is toast, and yes it might cause the pump to overheat. Keep an eye on it. Unplug it once in a while and feel for excess heat. Excess being a 'hot' feel to the touch, rather then just warm.

Other then that, good luck.

OasisKeeper said:
Yes, I wouldn't 'advice' you 'massing' with it either. But this is mostly overstated.

Yep, the warranty is toast, and yes it might cause the pump to overheat. Keep an eye on it. Unplug it once in a while and feel for excess heat. Excess being a 'hot' feel to the touch, rather then just warm.

Other then that, good luck.

this was my iPhones auto correct changing to more commonly used words.

Why correct if only to agree?!

Back
Top Bottom