How to get rid of a fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imtcurveball

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. So about a month ago my brother had a birthday. His friend bought him a goldfish as a joke. Well he didnt want it so he have it to me. I put it in the same tank as my guppies. He looks really healthy but I don't really want him. Any suggestions?
I'm not in a rush to get rid of him so I'm open for any suggestions.

Donate to a local pond. Give to a lfs. The goldfish isn't able to live with guppiw as guppies are tropical(around 78 degreese) and gold fish are cpldwater

Try listing it on your local Craigslist or check if the local fish store will take it. Putting it in a pond is illegal in my state and probably in most states as they are not native species.

If you can't find a suitable home there are some good ways to euphanize fish, I'd obviously use that as the last resort but its better than some other alternatives.

Last edited:
Donate to a elementary science class in your area...children love to watch fish grow, feeding time, cleaning the tank, etc....

the store is probably the best idea, but the guppies must be really annoying it with the nibbles so you should do it fast

Back
Top Bottom