How to get rid of MTS (SNAIL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
the MTS in my tank have multiplied and I want to get rid of some of them.

I dropped a lettuce leaf in the tank to "trap" them -- however I didn't find any on the leaf this morning. Only my mystery snail ate a little of the lettuce. What is going on ? Any other method I can use?

I put an algae wafer into a small glass or plastic container. The snails crawl in overnight and I remove them and reinstall in the tank the next day. Works fine for me.

MTS burrow in the gravel, loaches will never get them all. The crittersd are like aquatic roaches, and about as hard to get rid of too. Unless you want to relocate your fish temporarily and bleach the tank, you are going to have MTS as long as you have the tank set up. Loaches can help keep their numbers down, so can baiting/removing some. But since they need so little food, and will also eat algae, your fish will starve before they will.

ok -- got some attached to the lettuce today and tossed them off :) -- will try the plastic container trick

till recently I didn't really have a problem , but now I have observed that they started eating my plants -- I thought MTS didn't eat plants ?

are you sure there MTS??? do you have any pics? Or can you find al ink to a pic that looks like them?

Back
Top Bottom