How to Get Rid of Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmg996

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gallon with 1 flame gourami, some cardinal tetras, some julii corys, and live plants. I have a snail infestation and im not sure what kind, they are small, round shell with ramshorn snail type curve on their side. Their eating my plants up, how do I get rid of them?

Take your fish out, take the plants out and clean every leaf by hand and check the roots (for snails and eggs), remove the water, pull out the substrate and clean it, clean the tank glass to get rid of any eggs, put the tank back together. Keep an eye out for any snails over the following days and kill them immediately.

tmg996 said:
I have a 29 gallon with 1 flame gourami, some cardinal tetras, some julii corys, and live plants. I have a snail infestation and im not sure what kind, they are small, round shell with ramshorn snail type curve on their side. Their eating my plants up, how do I get rid of them?

Use aquarium salt they hate that! But follow directions and don't use too much. I actually think there was a thread on this yesterday look for that thread it was pretty informative. :)

Yoyo loaches will take care of that, they did for me in the past.

Back
Top Bottom