how to lowering nitrate level ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since nitrates are the end product of the nitrogen cycle, your bio media isn't the problem. Your water change schedule is.. lol ;).

Personally, instead of looking for a short cut to get rid of the nitrates, do partial water changes weekly, keep a vigilant eye on feeding to make sure you aren't over doing it, test your source water for trates and cut with spring water accordingly if needed. This will solve your problem.

I can't really answer you question longbrro because I am not sure why you would want a denitrification filter in a fresh water tank. Live plants and water changes you really should be doing anyway fix the problem cheaply and easily. I've been working on creating an ecosystem that requires little to no maintinance. I have way over done the biofiltration and have tons of live plants, but nitrates are not my problem, just remove the excess plant growth. Stick with the water changes, they keep your tank nice and healthy.

the plants in my country is very expensive...if i wanted to buy a couple of plant i will spend price that i can buy a German made skimmer or denitrificator.....so im looking toward my own denitrificator so i can have real ecosystem and real biological solution to my tank without having to change the water every 3 or 4 days.....i have 5 severums....2 african cichlids...2 clown loach...1 pleco...4 tiger scat......9 convicts.....i have an army of fishes and i dont want to left them to someone who will not treat them good.....severums and convicts are hard to find in my country so im raising them to be adults and make them breed in bigger tank.

But as has been said, it looks more like Ammonia may well be your biggest issue. Really the only thing that can help you right now is regular water changes.

Why not try, say, a 40-50% water change every 2 days for 2 weeks and see where your levels are then?

Nitrates can only be removed by two main things. Water changes, and plants.
Water changes are by far the most important.

I'm assuming that your Ammonia and Nitrite levels are zero?

Also by algae, zeolite which can be recharged, and by clams among others.

The best and quickest/most beneficial would be a good old fashioned water change though.

Back
Top Bottom