How to make this aquarium safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holmes529

Aquarium Advice Newbie
IMG_3712.jpg

Hello,
Attached you'll find a picture of a Clemson Tiger statue. I have a Clemson themed 55 gallon tank with orange and purple rocks and orange and purple plants. Is there any type of coating I could put on this statue to protect the paint on it and protect my fish? I had one exactly like this in my tank before and after a year or so the paint slowly came off of it. It never hurt my fish, it just slowly faded and got washed off. Can I put something on it to keep if from peeling off and fading? Would epoxy work? Thanks for the help.

I'd go for a more natural look/environment myself but...
To answer your question, I personally would not risk using something that is not safe for aquarium use but if you must, there are silicone epoxy sprays you can use, there are aquarium safe spray paints as well.
Good luck

How about dipping the tiger in clear silicone and letting the excess run off like an old fashioned doughnut.
Or, a cha cha chia tiger?

View attachment 296158

Hello,
Attached you'll find a picture of a Clemson Tiger statue. I have a Clemson themed 55 gallon tank with orange and purple rocks and orange and purple plants. Is there any type of coating I could put on this statue to protect the paint on it and protect my fish? I had one exactly like this in my tank before and after a year or so the paint slowly came off of it. It never hurt my fish, it just slowly faded and got washed off. Can I put something on it to keep if from peeling off and fading? Would epoxy work? Thanks for the help.
You tiger would look much better in Gamecock colors. [emoji12] We all know those colors are waterproof because of the large amount of tears shed over the years...[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Go Gamecocks!!!

Back
Top Bottom