How To Prevent Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all! I wanted to know if there is some precautions or tips (other than freshwater salt) to prevent the infamous White-Spot Disease (Ich) I am going to set up a 55 gallon FW aquarium and I don't want to risk the safety of fish bought with good money. Any ideas??

P.S. The reason I don't want Freshwater Aquarium Salt is that I am going to have Cories in this tank, and they do not tolerate any amount of salt.

phoenixkiller said:
Hey all! I wanted to know if there is some precautions or tips (other than freshwater salt) to prevent the infamous White-Spot Disease (Ich) I am going to set up a 55 gallon FW aquarium and I don't want to risk the safety of fish bought with good money. Any ideas??

P.S. The reason I don't want Freshwater Aquarium Salt is that I am going to have Cories in this tank, and they do not tolerate any amount of salt.

Quarantine tank! I went to a new store and bought some fish... Ich... The new fish died and took many of my original fish with...

buy fish that appear to be the healthiest and show good color within the store. Lots of water changes will also help in keeping your fish healthy

My advice is having really good water... Keep all parameters in check. This could include water changes... You have to do them to keep nitrates down.

Back
Top Bottom