How to reduce input/input flow on my AC110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brox

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have a 40G tank with a Aquaclear 110. I want to reduce it so it won't suck in as bad or so fish and plants won't get sucked in and stuck to it. Will a regular sponge or filter mediA from the ac110 work?

Hagen AC Filters

Hi, I have a 40G tank with a Aquaclear 110. I want to reduce it so it won't suck in as bad or so fish and plants won't get sucked in and stuck to it. Will a regular sponge or filter mediA from the ac110 work?

Hello Brox...

There's a small lever on top of the filter that will adjust the flow. Just push the lever all the way to the right. That will slow the flow of water.

That's a pretty powerful filter for such a small tank. The 40 G only needs a filter with a gallon per hour (gph) rating of 6 times the volume of the tank in gallons. That's 240 gallons per hour. An AC 70 turns over 300 gallons, so that would be plenty and the water flow wouldn't be as strong. The 70 is less expensive too.

Just a thought.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello Brox...

There's a small lever on top of the filter that will adjust the flow. Just push the lever all the way to the right. That will slow the flow of water.

That's a pretty powerful filter for such a small tank. The 40 G only needs a filter with a gallon per hour (gph) rating of 6 times the volume of the tank in gallons. That's 240 gallons per hour. An AC 70 turns over 300 gallons, so that would be plenty and the water flow wouldn't be as strong. The 70 is less expensive too.

Just a thought.

B

I did have it on the lower setting. Its better but I just to be able to put plants closer to it.

Back
Top Bottom