How to swap tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WiltingSoul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I plan on moving everything in my aquarium to my empty 20gal, but I don't know how to go about doing it. My main problem is that I'm putting the 20gal where the 10gal currently is. I plan on putting the water from the 10gal into the 20 so its as if I'm performing a 50% water change and I don't shock the fish.I don't currently have all the sand I need for the 20gal as my friend won't be stopping by until late Sunday afternoon to bring some more over for me. Can I set the tank up with the sand I have & add the rest later? I'm worried about the cloudyness that might pop up after I add the new sand.While transferring things over I was planning on putting my fish into a big tub with a filter running off the back. How long can they stay in there?Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can set up the tank and add the extra sand later. It will be cloudy for a bit perhaps a day or so. You can just put the fish in a bucket with an airstone. You don't have to run the filter. They can stay in there for quite a while, if they are going to be in there more than a couple of hours, add a heater.

He's adorable. my little girl Kadence will be a year soon. Someday I'd love to have one of the larger birds, but not until I know I've got the time to spend with it. And the money and space to properly raise one. :)

I just did the same thing, I had a 10 gal and upgraded to a 29 gal. I put the 29 gal in the same place as the 10 gal was too.

I did what zagz suggested, just put them in with a heater. I suffered no losses, and now they seem much happier with the extra room. :D good luck.

I grew up with an african grey, my parents were bird breeders, and one kind of bird they bred was an african grey. One of them hatched the exact day I was born. He was a character, I love them, but they can get so agressive towards other people.
I recently saw one for sale at a pet shop that thought he was a dog, he barked at everyone that came in the store. The store carried puppies, so thats where he ggot the behaviour from, it was cute though.

thanks for the advice, I've got the tank all set up & my fish are swimming around happily. I plan on getting more fake plants soon since its a bit bare right now.and that's so cute. I'd love to see an African Grey that barks like a dog.

The african grey got "mad" and started barking at my bf when he told the bird it wasn't a dog, it was kinda funny :D

Yes LOL human years. Grey's have a long life span. Pepper barks as well. Soon I will post some videos of him since this thread keeps getting off topic to the birds. LOL

The african grey I had (named Fred) would ring like a telephone, and my mom would run to the phone thinking it was actually ringing, and then he would say "Hello? Hello?"

He would also curse at my mom's fiance, lol, I don't think Fred liked him...

Back
Top Bottom