How to use Seachem PH Buffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquazan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Everyone! (y):D

I recently purchased an RO/DI system for my Freshwater 75 Gallon Planted Tank, and I use Seachem Equilibrium to add the minerals back, but I am not sure how to Buffer the Ph of the Water.

I own Seachem Acid Buffer and Seachem Alkaline Buffer. On the bottle it says to use a ratio of the two to reach the desired Ph, but I am not sure how to do that.

This is because, the Acid Buffer says to use 1/4 tsp/20 Gallons, and the Alkaline buffer says to use 1 tsp/10 Gallons. So, I am not sure which one to base the ratio of off.

The chart says this: Use the ratios to achieve the desired Ph

Ph Acid Buffer Alkaline BUffer

6.0 1 : 1

6.5 1 : 1.3

7.0 1 : 2

...and so on.

I would greatly appreciate any input or solutions to my problems! I am utterly confused :confused: . Thank You!! :thanks::thanks::fish2:

The Equilibrium has everything in it. If your using the right amount you don't need to mess with those buffers as they are usually only a very temp fix. Do you have a Kh and Gh test kit?
If your Gh and Kh are both 4 or above you don't have to worry. Anything lower means you might need to use more of the Equilibrium.

Back
Top Bottom