Hows my 60 g stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johny boy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 neon tets 5 harly rasbs 2 platys 1 molly 1 guppy am I overstocked I wanna add some angel fish and some bala sharks

Your fine for now. You can add a pair of angels, but I would skip the bala sharks. They get big and will disrupt the tetras and rasboras. You could increase the size of the tetra and rasbora shoals, maybe add some corys and if you want another shoaling fish some celestrial danios.

You can add a couple angel fish but like henningc said skip the bala sharks as they get a bit big for your tank size.

I have 6 neon tets 5 harly rasbs 2 platys 1 molly 1 guppy am I overstocked I wanna add some angel fish and some bala sharks

Hi Johny! You are not overstocked at all! In a 60 gallon with that stock you can add 4 angels MAX. I would personally stick to 2 and bump up your neons and Rasboras to 8 or more. You have plenty of room! Add some more platys or guppies. Mollies have a pretty big bioload compared to the other two.
You could always add another school of fish too. Another school of tetras on top of one or two angels would look nice!

+1 to skipping to bala sharks. They really shouldn't even be sold in stores -_-'

EDIT: one thing I would strongly recommend is to get a juvenile angelfish so it doesn't eat your neons. Angelfish that grow with neons tend to eat them less than angels than full grown angels dunked into a tank of them

Dwarf gouramis are good, I would up your numbers and get 2 angels, and bottom feeders, I love Raphael catfish

If you want tetras and angelfish you can add gold or glow light tetras

I'd do

2 Angels
1 dwarf or regular gourami of choice
10 neon tetra
10 harlequin rasbora
6 Cory cats

Maybe even some type of ram if that's not to much!

Back
Top Bottom