Huge male molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onegirl2minds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, I am new to the forum, but have been perusing the articles regularly, as I am new to the aquarium hobby. I will admit, at first, I just wanted a tank with some fish, but they have quickly grown to be my new love. I now have a 25 gallon tank, a 20 gallon tank, a ten gallon tank, two 2 gallon tanks, and a 1 gallon tank, my children have dubbed me the "fish lady". I live in an apartment so I can't have a large tank, but my smaller tanks are placed in various spots around the apartment. Can't help it I love um! I am glad a forum like this exists because it has helped me to keep my tank babies happy and healthy.

I was just wondering how big can a male molly get? I have a black male molly that I got when I started my first tank 6 months ago and he is huge! He is spectaular to behold, I have to admit, when he raises fin and swims around the tank, kinda scary even. He tries to mate with the females in the tank, but I don't think they care for him. I read that females often like males that are smaller then they are, but this male is the biggest fish in the tank. He doesn't appear to harrass the other fish, he is just scary huge.

Back
Top Bottom