Hydor Theo heater malfunctioning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so a few days ago I realized that the heater in my tank hadn't been working for a while (not sure exactly how long, could be months). However the temperature stayed around 74F because of the surrounding room temp so that's probably why I didn't notice. I played with the heater and got it back on but now it doesn't seem to be working right. I have a hydor theo heater 100w which is supposed to be good for 14-26 gallons. I have a 28 gal bowfront tank and before I had this heater I downgraded from the 150w (for 23-40 gal) because it was too strong. The heater is supposed to sense the water temperature and turn on and off accordingly to keep it constant at whatever temp it's set at. Once I fixed it though my tank started to heat up really fast. I had to turn the heater way down and now it's on it's lowest setting at 70F but my tank thermometer reads 82F. Has anyone else experienced a problem with this heater? Am I going to need to invest in a new one? If so, what heaters do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom