Hydro H2Shown Led Blue Lights ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought 2 new Hydro H2show led blue lights. They are round little Led lights that can be place in the aquarium. Below is a picture my tank with the lights in it. I was just wondering if it is ok to have the Led blue lights on when my daytime lights aren't on?? That is how my power strip works (has built in timer). And not sure what is the best place for these ??? I have then on each side of my tank now. And it doesn't look bad. But wondering if this is the best spot for them ? Or if put them higher and angling them down or putting them on the bottom????

Any feedback or input would be great.

Thanks

image-2773165825.jpg

Yea i really like the way they look. Just got them and put them in the tank yesterday. Just have to figure out the best spot for them..??..

Is it okay to have the Blue led lights on when my daytime light isn't on??? Or should there be time when there isn't a light on at all ????

Yeah I would agree with this, a period without lights is needed. But some fish come out in the night and sleep in the day so I could be contradicting myself here. A plant also needs darkness to photosynthesize properly. would be a nice transition light to simulate night time approaching. After turning out your main lights you could keep these on a few hour before blackout. Looking at them, they're bright and would definitely disrupt sleep.

Last edited:
I have all fake plants. Would like to do real plants but haven't been brave enough.

Your flirting with an unknown area. Since LEDs are becoming popular it's hard to use some of the old rules. I've been wondering about these different colored LED lights and how they work (or don't) for my plants.

All that complicated discussion aside. Keeping those blue LEDs on all the time will keep your fish from getting good sleep. They don't have eyelids.

I decided to hook up the led's to another timer. My day time lights will run from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm, and my LED's will run from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am. And from 12:00 am to 11:30 am there won't be any light. Think this should work ???

That sounds like a win to me. I don't even think you need that much dark time, but you'll certainly have enough on that plan.

Yea, I may the schedule a little after a while if the fish seem to be doing fine

I dig that. They have some of those lights on clearance at my LPS. I'll have to let the pretty sales person add that to my cart;)

Back
Top Bottom