I am super lucky!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I went to my LFS to buy feeder fish for my african leaf fish today. They sell feeders for 15 cent apiece. So while looking in the tank what did I see? A bunch of rainbow fish and a cichlid! So after a little question asking I decided to buy the cichlid and 11 rainbows. Well after I lost 8 of the rainbows to a suicide jumping contest (which the cichlid joined them in) I have 2 or 3 left and the cichlid. After some research I have found that the rainbows are most likely Madagascar (Im getting more in the next few days. Compatability suggestions?). Then my suspicions about the cichlid were confirmed: I paid 15 cents for........... A JEWEL CICHLID!!!!!!!! It is becoming acclimated and has become a nice red color with blue sparkles!
Now I also discovered that limpets had spontaneously generate din my 25 gallon!
Now 2 questions. First and unrelated: My Leaf Fish ate a ghost shrimp he couldnt swallow. Now his mouth is stuck open..... the shrimps antenae are not sticking out anymore.... you think he is ok?
And second will the rainbows get on with angle fish? They have started nipping my beunos aires tetras which has made them more nippy...including toward my young angels.....

Is all that in one tank?? What size tank? I would
Also think about breeding your own feeders. Most feeder tanks in LFS are illness machines. It
Only takes one sick feeder to ruin your Stock! Not trying to be a buzz kill. Glad you got a jewel for 15 cents.

Yea its a 56 column. I cannot breed my own feeders though...

Angelfish get along with rainbowfish. I had 5 madasscar rainbow all die at the same time on Christmas Eve last year. They didn't jump, they just cashed it in like the way both of the yellow rainbow bought the farm this summer within hours of each other.

Wierd dude.... sorry to hear that. Especially on Christmas Eve!

Back
Top Bottom