I cant beleve this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fynnie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wow, I saw something in my 33 gallon tonight that absolutely blew my mind. I Have a Rainbow shark that measures about 6 inches long and is a very thick and healthy fish. (She) is an eating machine and also seems very social always there to say hey in the front center of the tank. Not just at feeding time either, this fish definately seems to have a thoughtful expression. Thats the background.
Tonight I think I saw the smallest of my Ottos just brushing along her sides, not eating per say just long slow sweeps. Grooming(?!) The RBS just hovered in the same place for a few minutes and looked like it was enjoying the attention. I kinda freaked out and I had a REALLY close look at her after it was over. ( The RBS just flitted away). There is nothing to suggest any kind of biting or feeding.And only a moment after this exchange She went after one of the Tiger Barbs in full speed get- out -of -my -way style. I am sure the RBS is totally healthy and normal.Just really likes attention?

I've heard stories of ottos feasting on the slime coat of fish, maybe this is what was happening?

I personally haven't seen it from any of my ottos.

-Pleco

Back
Top Bottom