I can't find my frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can't find Princess. It's been at least a day. I picked up everything, even did a water change. If she is in the stump, she won't come out. That's not like her. I'm going to throw her favorite food in and see what happens. I've had her three years. I don't get it. :cry:

I don't have frogs, so I can't offer any hints, but I hope you find her. She probably won't be able to resist her favorite food!

Yep, I looked on the floor. She was hanging out a lot at the top for a few days, but she wasn't sick because she was eating.

I have very little room for her to get out. It's a tiny hole for the wires. She's as blind as a bat, so I doubt she found it.

did you turn her stump over? Maybe she is way inside or stuck somehow. Frogs are wierd. i didn't see mine for several days once. freeked me out. Usually she is right there for breakfast to show me how skinny she is... this is her way of telling me she wants food, even when she is still round from the day before. silly frog. Anyway, I found her inside the castle. When I lifted it and flipped it over, then she came out. My shrimp sometimes do this too.

I hope you find her in good health soon.

I can't see really well in there and she is the exact color as the stump. I'll turn it on its side for a little while to see if she comes out. Pictus is not pleased. Everyone is paying for it.

Do you have any other animals than fish? I only ask because if she got out of the tank it is possible another animal made off with her.

It is far more likely that she is hiding inside the stump and being stubborn. You may have to use a flashlight to see if you can see her inside there. I know what you mean though I had a fish get stuck in an ornament and it was near impossible to see him in there.

well I flipped the stump on its side and checked it with the flashlight. I can't see around the turns.

She has never gotten out before, but if she did, my dog would probably eat her.

I was treating for ick with a high temp, but it was like that for at least 10 days. I started lowering today.

don't fret, shes prolly upinside that stump somewhere. frogs and loachesz are evil little hiders. they can find the most oddest places

Back
Top Bottom