I cant get anything done!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ChelseaLake said:
Oh my god. I'm the exact same way.

I feel like I'm in limbo right now. My life is falling apart very quickly. The only things keeping me sane are my fish. I love them. I watch them for hours. I clean the glass every day because I "kiss" them and put my hands all over the glass. I have one of those televised chamois thingies...cham WOWs!, I think. I stole it from my mama. They rub off the oil from my skin pretty well (and I have very oily skin haha).

I will enjoy this post for EVER! HAHAHA!

I actually have severe panic and anxiety disorders as well as severe depression and sensory integration disorder and I've had to take a semester off of college because of my health. Having a new fishtank has done wonders for my moods. Having something to think about other than myself (baw poor me, I'm sick) and taking care of something other than myself is definitely a good thing. It does me good to have something to focus on while I'm at home for this semester, rather than lounging on the couch having a pity party. If you think you're getting too "obsessed" (hate that word and OCD) with something, try to find some other hobby to do along with your fish keeping. :)

Welcome to the one place where an addiction is actually encouraged. We all know how you feel. Sometimes I even hope something is wrong with one of my tanks so I can spring into action (I know, that's REAL bad, I need help;)). I can't spend 5 minutes without thinking about something else I want to do to one of my tanks. I guess that why many of us have MTS (multiple tank syndrome). It's the one way we can almost guarantee constant activity with our tanks. I'm even thinking of my next tank as I sit here and type this post.

BTW, welcome to AA!!!

Back
Top Bottom