I couldnt let them die...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine eat bloodworms as long as they hit the bottom before the fish eat them all.

Lol, I can try to make that happen! I can't stop watching them! I think I have new favorites! They are really good little swimmers! Ok, one more question...you said that they like to be in groups, but does it matter if there is three different kinds?

this is a neat story! I have wanted to add some cories to my 29 because so many people here are fans! Look for a thread called Crazy Cories Anonymous, i think in the aquaria off-topic forum. super funny read!

By the way, since you added them already make sure you test your water parameters more often than usual, maybe even daily for the next week then twice weekly. Any ammonia or nitrites above 0.0ppm will be a tip-off if the filter's bacteria colonies are "over-fed"

The best advice I can give to help you avoid a mini-cycle due to the jump in bio-load is feed less! put everyone on a diet and don't spoil the cories with food yet. let your bacteria colony catch up as slowly as possible (water changes should do the trick no big deal)

plus they probably can snack on whatever the pleco doesn't fancy.

I'm going shopping me thinks :)

I have been testing every other day for a few weeks now, but u will happily test daily for a while! I will look up that thread...maybe I can learn more about them! Thanks!

this is a neat story! I have wanted to add some cories to my 29 because so many people here are fans! Look for a thread called Crazy Cories Anonymous, i think in the aquaria off-topic forum. super funny read!

By the way, since you added them already make sure you test your water parameters more often than usual, maybe even daily for the next week then twice weekly. Any ammonia or nitrites above 0.0ppm will be a tip-off if the filter's bacteria colonies are "over-fed"

The best advice I can give to help you avoid a mini-cycle due to the jump in bio-load is feed less! put everyone on a diet and don't spoil the cories with food yet. let your bacteria colony catch up as slowly as possible (water changes should do the trick no big deal)

I can't find the thread!!!! Help!!!!! Can you post a link for me?

I agree with this

The emerald cory looks like it may be stressed some. Do you guys think that could be because its the only emerald cory I have? There is 3 peppered, 2 albino, and one emerald...

The emerald cory looks like it may be stressed some. Do you guys think that could be because its the only emerald cory I have? There is 3 peppered, 2 albino, and one emerald...

You got them today correct? It might just be 'new tank syndrome'. If you have lights on the tank, turn them off and leave the tank alone. It's possible with it being the only emerald but don't sweat it. Give it a day or two to adjust.

You got them today correct? It might just be 'new tank syndrome'. If you have lights on the tank, turn them off and leave the tank alone. It's possible with it being the only emerald but don't sweat it. Give it a day or two to adjust.

Ok, thanks for the advice! I will give it a couple days. Hopefully he/she will come around! I have really fallen in love with them!

Agreed with this post.

Agreed with this post.

The lonely little emerald seems to be doing well. The albinos stick together, and the peppered stick together. The emerald seems to have joined forces with the peppered cats. Every once in a while, all 6 will meet up and swim around together for a while. They are just too stinking cute! I fed them some blood worms last night. They seemed to like them! Dies anybody know if they will eat platy fry? I have two pregnant platies, and I don't plan on saving the babies. I have too many fish in there as it is!

That just doesn't make any sense. Why would they kill them? They paid for them...so if they are living, why would they kill them? They could have put them on clearance. I feel like this business won't be open for long if that is there business sense. Hmmm

I don't think u will have to worry about them eatting ur platy fry.

Back
Top Bottom